Iguatemi’s investor relations website includes forward-looking statements that are subject to risks and uncertainties. These statements are based on the beliefs and assumptions of its management, and on information currently available to the Company. Forward-looking statements include statements regarding Iguatemi’s intent, belief or current expectations or that of its directors or executive officers with respect to, but not limited to:
- general economic, political, and business conditions in Brazil, especially in the geographic markets in which the Company operates;
- fluctuations in inflation and prevailing interest rates in Brazil;
- fluctuations in the retail, shopping center and real estate markets in Brazil;
- Iguatemi’s ability to execute its business strategy, including its ability to (i) acquire additional interests in the shopping centers in which the Company currently participates, (ii) acquire interests in shopping centers owned by third parties and (iii) identify properties to develop new shopping centers;
- the Company’s ability to successfully compete and manage its business in the future;
- Iguatemi’s ability to obtain additional financing on reasonable terms and conditions;
- changes in the level of retail sales in Brazil;
- changes in law and regulations applicable to the retail, shopping center and real estate markets in Brazil;
- governmental intervention resulting in changes to the economy, applicable taxes or tariffs or the regulatory environment in Brazil;
- competition in the shopping-center market, especially in the regions in which Iguatemi operates;
- events of force majeure that affect the regions in which the Company operates;
- other factors or trends affecting the Company’s financial condition or results of operations and the ones discussed under the section Risk Factors; and
- other statements contained in this website regarding matters that are not historical facts.
Investors should understand that the above-mentioned factors, in addition to others discussed in this investor relations website, among others, could affect Iguatemi’s future results and could cause results to differ materially from those expressed in the forward-looking statements made in this website or files herein posted.
Forward-looking statements also include information concerning the Company’s possible or assumed future results of operations set forth under several sections in this investor relations website, as well as statements preceded by, followed by, or that include the words ‘‘believes,’’ ‘‘may,’’ ‘‘continues,’’ ‘‘expects,’’ ‘‘anticipates,’’ ‘‘intends,’’ ‘‘plans,’’ ‘‘estimates’’ or similar expressions.
Forward-looking statements are not guarantees of performance. They involve risks, uncertainties and assumptions because they relate to future events and therefore depend on circumstances that may or may not occur. Iguatemi’s future business, financial condition, results of operations, prospects, strategies, market share and shareholder values may differ materially from those expressed in or suggested by these forward-looking statements. Many of the factors that will determine these results and values are beyond the Company’s ability to control or predict.
Investors are cautioned not to put undue reliance on any forward-looking statements.